Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Going Home

That's me fit and ready to go home tomorrow 26 th November after 20 days in hospital providing Mr Speake is still in agreement come the morning. I seem to have hit a barrier and wasn't making any progress in my recovery which I think was caused by over enthusiastic liberal dosages of pain relief. Most of it has now been stopped and I'm on the medication I will be taking when I go home. 

So now I begin the next stage on the road to full health. I will have a couple of weeks rest and recuperation at home which I badly need. Split infinitives are allowed nowadays I believe. 

 I already have my appointment with Dr McLean, my oncologist, on 12th December to get going with the next round of chemotherapy. She promised me 18 weeks of chemo so let's hope it's not anymore once she's studied the pathology report. 

My days in hospital have been a helluva ride and thank you to all the good folk who have looked after me and got me successfully to this stage. But especial thanks to Mr Speake and all his team. 

Thanks too to all of you have visited me and all the good wishes I've had from around the world and to Ben for the best get well card ever. 

That's enough typing on my iPhone. Next posting will be from Morningside. 

No comments: