Thursday, May 23, 2013

Waiting with Daft Punk

So much time we spend waiting for something to happen. Waiting for planes or trains or buses, waiting for the film or play to start, waiting for that person to arrive, the plumber or the repairman, or your friend who is always late, just generally waiting around for the weather to improve or the good times to start or the bad times to go away. I seem to be doing a lot of waiting these past couple of weeks. Can't say I like it too much. I can think of better things to be doing. I try to keep my mind busy with things but it keeps letting me down. I shall have to give myself a good talking to.

There are some things, of course, which are pleasurable to wait for, and enhance the whole experience. Its all part of the nowness of things. Like the man said. Waiting can be a pleasure. Even waiting for a CT scan? Don't be stupid. But will have to try.

As I wait to head off for my CT scan I'm listening to the new Daft Punk album Random Access Memory. Do we call them albums anymore? Thanks to Iain for telling me about the  iTunes streaming of it last week, after which I went and bought it from HMV. It's a beautiful piece of work. I seem to remember you buying me a Daft Punk cd many years ago Iain and not really being able to appreciate it. This new one is in another league altogether. Fully deserves all the praise it's been getting. One of the best albums I've bought for a while, very relaxing. Thanks Iain, it has helped me forget about things for a while. Which is the whole point sometimes. Good for the concentration too.

My friend John L tells me that CT stands for computerised tomography, tomos being Greek for slice or cut. So I'm away to get digitally sliced and cut today. I will have to wait for the results until after the MRI scan on third of June. More waiting. Well best be off now. Just as well we have the NHS.

No comments: