Sunday, October 07, 2012

Farewell Cusco

It's Monday morning and I'm waiting for my taxi to take me to Cusco airport for my 11am flight to Lima. I've been here four weeks but it seems more like four days. So many things I meant to do but never quite got round to them. Including the trip to MP I'd promised myself and a visit to Elim. Sorry about that Jeremy but maybe next year.

Still I managed to fit quite a lot in and met lots of new people and renewed some old acquaintances.

So it's off to sunny Lima now, or partially sunny Lima. I'm taking a week off and will start at Villa Maria next week all being well.

That's all for now, have the excitement of that flight out of Cusco ahead of me, right over the Andes, and down to the Pacific coast of Peru. What more could one ask for on a Monday morning.

Thank you to all my friends in Cusco and all the good folk at Maximo Nivel for making my trip another special one. Thank you all.

1 comment:

Coinneach said...

Good to read all your news and exploits - the best ambassador Aird Tong ever sent to Peru.
Do you ever meet Scottish missionaries over there - I seem to remember that the Free Kirk had a mission in Peru - as if the poor natives had not had enough of European civilization after the Spanish.
Still I shall tape and send you Cameron's message to the Tory party conf. so you can thank your lucky stars you are away from the real heathens.
Life in Cupar is fine - we had a big celebration in the town square to celebrate Hugo Chavez victory. I presume the stage coach has delivered the news to Peru by now.
We are having a few lovely early autumn days just now which is good for the old bones.
Keep up the good work and have a great time in Lima.
Coinneach