Sunday, January 09, 2011

Javier

 

I've seen this boy and his mum on the streets numerous nights. Last night I brought him some food and had a chat with him. He is 11 years old and says he goes to school every day. God knows how he makes it. They can go to ahelter but not until midnight and they sleep there the rest of the night. He's a great wee kid, but tell me what chance does he have? He didn't mind his foto being taken and I paid them. Will look for him tonight and try to give him a bite to eat.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Donald Maciver said...

Saw Javier again Sunday night, which was my last night in Cusco. He was in his usual place with his mother. I gave him some fruit and bread. Maybe his mum uses him as bait for tourists. He says he does not get bored sitting about all the time. They come from a place called Urcos in the countryside and she says they will go back there next week. Wonder if he will still be around if I should come back here?