Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Poetry News

I'm very pleased to tell you all that I'm about to become a published poet. My poem The Spirit of You has been accepted for publication in an anthology called Healing Words which should be in print by mid December. It's a fund raising anthology for Maggie's Centres UK. I will let you all know when it becomes available and hopefully many of you will purchase a copy to help Maggies Centres to continue their good work. https://www.maggiescentres.org

I go to a creative writing class at Maggie's Centre here in Edinburgh run by Valerie Gilles, the  Edinburgh Makar, (poet laureate) 2005 to 2008, http://www.valeriegillies.com/index.html

Valerie's classes have been brilliant and a true source of inspiration. So thank you Valerie and thank you Maggie's for putting on the classes.

I posted my poem here on 2nd August, but in case you missed it here it is again:

The Spirit of You


Will I ever find you

will we see each other again.t

To hold you again

to feel you beside me

your fingers on my skin.

To become one with you

reach out and find you there

your dark black eyes

looking down on me

one more time

with that sad look you

seemed to keep for me.

To walk along the river bank again

hiding amongst the trees

the birds singing for us

my heart filled with

the joy of you

the spirit of you.


DONALD MACIVER

2015



I have a new poem ready to go but will leave it for a few days.

No comments: