Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Feliz Año Nuevo, Happy New Year, Bliadhna Mhath Ur

Happy New Year to all and thank you all for reading this blog over the past year. I would love to know who you all are though. This past week I've had readers in Russia, South Africa, Malaysia, Germany and Brazil as well as the usual suspects. So hope you all had a good New Year wherever you are.

I did go out last night to watch the Edinburgh fireworks bringing in the New Year. I joined a few hundred others in the Botanic Gardens which provides a good view of the castle with no crowds to push one around. Too old for that. Do any of you remember going to bring in the New Year at the Tron many years ago. More than twenty as yesterday was the twentieth anniversary of the party in Princes Street. The Tron festivities were wild and rowdy and very very drunk. Best forgotten.

The fireworks were shiny and bright, and noisy too, and lasted for about twelve minutes by which time my hands were frozen with holding my camera. Will post a couple of photos for your delight.

That's all for now. Some of you will have been sent two emails over past few hours. This was due to a glitch with my lovely assistant getting confused and deleting stuff by mistake. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

No comments: