Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Baby Arrives

A baby girl was born in Edinburgh last night Friday the 30th of January 2016. Kieran and Kerry are over the proverbial moon as am I. They are leaving hospital as I write and on their way round to visit me before they go to their home. Kieran wants my home to be the first place she visits.

Her name is Eilidh Donalda Collins. Which gives me immense pleasure. I'm so pleased to know that my name will live on through her. I hope Heber in Peru doesn't forget that he promised to name his first son after me. Heber made contact with me couple of weeks back but has disappeared again. I still hope to see him one more time.

I have had the first piece of good news from the hospital in a very long time. I completed the first two cycles of chemotherapy and had a scan last Monday. I saw my oncologist on Thursday and the scan shows some shrinkage in my tumours, so the chemo is working. I had to have a two week break in my treatment as the chemo was causing unwanted harm to various parts as well as causing me to be tired beyond belief.

I restarted my chemo yesterday and will have four more cycles which will go on till end of April. I'm hoping that four more cycles will shrink the tumours even more. So some reason for hope and cause for a little rejoicing, what with Eilidh's safe arrival and my good news and Man U winning for a change all is well in my world. Shame about the rest of the world though.

I need to go now as my visitors are here.

3 comments:

The Wicked Messenger said...

Excellent news all round!

Unknown said...

The future beckons.

Donald Maciver said...

Thank you folks...