Wednesday, October 08, 2014

A Night In the Usher Hall

Tonight I am having my first night time outing since my treatment for cancer began nearly eighteen months ago. So it's a big night for me. Let's hope I cope with it as I'm still not fully over my last operation to reverse my stoma. Wish me luck.

There aren't many people who would drag me out of my house of an evening right now. Perhaps Bob himself coming to Edinburgh. But an offer to go to see Billy Connolly in the Usher Hall tonight was one that I could definitely not miss. Especially given his own health situation and possibility this might be my last chance to see him. 

Kieran has bought me the tickets and I'm going with him and his girl friend. We often spoke about Billy when I used to take him out all these years ago when he was a wee boy. Kieran I mean and not Billy. So I was pleasantly surprised when he phoned recently to tell me he had bought  tickets for us. I've rarely been so excited about a concert as I am going to see Billy. So had to post this short blog to tell you all about it.

I'm now waiting for K and Kerry to arrive and I'm treating then to dinner before the concert, so better go and get ready now, not that there's much getting ready involved, just put on my shoes and have a pee. 

More tomorrow on concert. 

No comments: